Sunday, July 19, 2009

Even Mom's Can Do It!

Exercise that is! I won't go into the millions and billions of statistics, details, techniques, etc. We all know that exercise is good for your body. We know that it helps out your body in many ways. And if you don't know that it helps you lose weight, then you should!

There are a number of things you can do for exercising. You can get a video and work out to that. Get a video game that works you out. I have the Wii Fit and love it! Go for a walk, like we did at the zoo all day today. Anything that gets your heart pumping and your limbs moving. If you want the best burn for your workout, I've read mixing strength exercises in with walking or cardio will get rid of the most fat.

Now for the mom part. As a mom of four kids, I find making a special time to work out very difficult! For a while, I actually gave up on trying and guess what happened to the weight loss. I got a little smarter and with the suggestion of a friend, worked to my advantage the four little weights I have sitting around this house!

The Wagon Pull - The first thing I did, and the thing that probably works me out the most, is piling as many kids as I can in their wagon and pulling them up and down our driveway for a mile. Please note that you will burn more and get more worked out the rougher the terrain is. My driveway, for example, is a rocky, bumpy, pothole filled lane road that provides a nice challenge!

The Flying Leg Press - My kids love this one. One of their favorites I do with them. I like it because it works my legs, especially my thighs. What you do is lay on your back on the floor. Lift your legs off the ground and bend them. Have your child put their abdomen up to your feet. Grab their hands and lift them up with your feet so they are in "flying" position. Bend and straighten your legs, causing your child to go up and down. Do 10-20 of these, then rest, and do more until your feeling the burn! Please use caution when doing this one! I don't want any little ones getting injured!

The Baby Chest Press - I call it baby because I use my 18 pound baby, but you can use any size child your able to. Pick up said child and simply lift them, up and down, over your head. Straight up, straight down, 10-20 repetitions, until you feel it. Babies love this one, mine giggles the entire time! Again, use caution on this! I don't want any dropped babies!

Those are all the kid involved workouts, but I hope to come up with more. When I do get a few more, I'll be sure to share! Just remember, working out isn't as effective if you aren't feeling the burn, sweating, and generally getting into it! If you want to lose more, you need to burn more!

2 comments:

  1. Those are cute fun things to do with them. Looking forward to hearing more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you pull that wagon up and down your driveway...

    ReplyDelete