Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Beginning - About This Blog

After losing weight and "dieting" for the past 6 months, I've come across many surprising things that I feel I should pass on. I had a friend recommend I write a book, but I think blogging would be so much easier. My intentions with this blog is to show the readers that you can lose weight without "dieting" the traditional way.

If you notice, one of the main things I've done so far is put the word dieting in quotes. I feel if you want to lose weight, no "diet" will do it. You have to want to change your lifestyle and your thinking. If you don't even consider doing this, you will fail. Plain and simple. Granted, I will use the word "diet" sometimes, for lack of a better term.

Now for a little about myself. I'm a stay at home mom of 4. My kids keep me very busy all the time and that occasionally gets in the way of my exercise routine and blogging. I try to work with it. I also have another blog about them if your curious.

In the past, I have tried fad diets (notice this one isn't in quotes because I do mean diet). None of them worked in the long term. Sure I lost a few pounds here and there, but nothing stuck. Last year, after the birth of my son, I was ready to shed the pounds for good. I thought we were done having children, so I dug in and did my research. Weight Watchers seemed like a good plan to try. I lost 20 lbs in 11 weeks. Then I got the biggest surprise, I was pregnant again. All weight loss plans had to be put on hold. I recently restarted Weight Watchers in January and to date have lost 29 lbs. The thing is, I've never joined Weight Watcher. I've never been to a meeting. I've not even been on their site other than to find out about my local meetings, that I've never attended. I do follow a modified version of their Flex Points plan and through that have found out all the little secrets I'll share with you!

I hope to show everyone that it's really easy to follow a "diet" plan and lose weight, all while you hardly have to change your current eating habits. I'll show you how to work a healthier and weight loss plan into your daily routine. The daily topics may vary, but I hope to provide valuable information with all of it!

1 comment:

  1. Great blog so far. I'll be popping and see what else you have to share.

    ReplyDelete